This week they came out with some interesting local stats. Apparently, there are 988 eligible millionaires in Ottawa. If only! Eligible millionaires huh? Well, I’ve dated some of them (most I’ve met at events), I’ve even rejected some. Some are great friends. Many have thought that I was in love with them because I was friendly. A lot are “Peter Pans”. Some have made my stomach turn in disgust while others made me want to punch their lights out. Needless to say, not many great experiences with said millionaires. It also made me chuckle because they based these stats on one of the millionaire dating sites, you know the ones, the sugar daddy ones. You’ve seen them. I’ve seen them. I’ve even, out of curiosity of course, purely for research purposes ;), been on them. What happened … well I’m gonna tell you!
Trolling the Sugar Daddy Dating Sites
I won’t say which ones I did try but I tried a couple. It was quite the interesting experience. I put in my generic profile information and description that I use for most sites. I put a couple of nice pictures of myself but I did add that I wasn’t looking to be taken care of financially. I do like to be spoiled, I mean who doesn’t, but I can take care of myself just fine. So, all set up, I waited to see what I’d get … I was quite surprised to see that I wasn’t that popular at first. OK, I thought, perhaps I’m not the type. I had a friend who was much younger put in her profile too and she was a hit. Apparently, women in their 20’s have more success 😉 particularly if they’re damsels in distress. So after waiting a couple of days I started getting messages, many messages. What sorts of messages? Well, here are the men I interacted with and even met.
- A 45 year old man who thought making 55K put him in the sugar daddy category … sugar daddy to who? Your 5 year old? By the time you pay your bills and eat you don’t have much left over!
- A man who was 67 and was happily married except they don’t have sex anymore. He was looking to meet once a week for an encounter for $350 each time. I don’t think I put “prostitute” in my profile … wait let me check … nope, no prostitute.
- An executive who was in his 40’s, again married, but looking for variety and his wife didn’t like that he gained a little extra weight. He would spoil me, give me an allowance of $500 a week and I could travel on business with him. Oh how sweet, thanks but no thanks.
- An Arab businessman who was looking to put me up in my very own apartment in Dubai to be his mistress with my very own allowance and spending money. Umm did I put looking to be part of a Harem in my profile … wait let me check … nope, no Harem.
- A 38 year old man who was wealthy by virtue of his hard work and great connections made. He created some successful web site and made a killing. We chatted for a bit, he was nice enough, but he would disappear and then return and disappear and then return, well we finally went out for a coffee after many months, and then he was more consistent, then disappeared and returned. Then I got dizzy and said forget it. But we’ve remained In contact here and there randomly.
- Then of course the very successful divorced CEO (I even googled him) who seemed nice enough. We met up for a coffee where he proceeded to tell me that he was divorced because he cheated on his wife with a married woman who didn’t want to leave her husband. They were apart now, but he had a girlfriend. So I asked him what he was doing with me then, and he said that he wanted to be honest with me. “OK”, I said, “be honest”. He said “you know 50 shades of gray”? I said yes. He said “well I like it in reverse”. “Reverse?” I asked. “Yes” He said. “Explain.” I asked. He went on to tell me that he spent all his days being the strong and powerful one, even in his relationship, and wanted a woman who would go all 50 shades on him in the bedroom. He went on to give me details which I won’t share 😉 But, he said, I would get a pair of Louboutin shoes, as long as I walked on him in them. Well, as you know, I have a special affinity for Christian Louboutin, a love affair of sorts, so it was tempting for a millisecond … please don’t judge me hahahahah. But alas I declined the offer, I was not to be his “Misstress Suzie”. Although, that does have a ring to it doesn’t it?!
- Then of course there’s the 50 year old who made his money, he says, by wise investments and real estate. Uh huh. He is “retired” and has some internet business out of Florida. Well, I did meet him when he was in town and he wasn’t quite what I expected, stocky, wearing old man pants and old man shoes and had his tongue sticking out a la Miley Cyrus before she even started doing that … wait a minute … is THAT where she got it?? Did she date him??? Well, I did some googling and found out that he ran away to Florida because he embezzled money from investors and was in and out of court with them. Nice. Oh ya, he kept talking about his BMW this and his BMW that … geez I thought, this must be a top of the line car. What was it? A 3 Series … puleese! I could afford my own 3 Series! Millionaire you say?? Go embezzle someone else old man!
There are others … I did meet one nice guy but we didn’t click, he was a little too granola for me, one nice guy. There were, however, countless dirty old men propositioning me. Men who were quite unattractive. Many who were extremely cheap (Tim Horton’s on the first date? Really?). Some who had bad hygiene but drove very expensive cars … shall I go on? What I did notice that was a common denominator in ALL of them. They acted like they were privileged and deserved the best and that came to women too. I was apparently lucky to even speak with them. Because they had money they didn’t need to settle for a normal girl, they deserved arm candy, they deserved someone they could show off, particularly because most of them were nothing special to look at. They were quite shallow and materialistic, always talking about their cars and houses and trips and acquisitions. Blah blah blah YAWN! These days I stick to meeting men the old fashioned way and date normal guys that I can be myself around. Imagine that.
A Bunch of Squirrels Trying to Get a Nut
What I saw on there was what is best described as “a bunch of squirrels trying to get a nut”. It reminded me of that squirrel Scrat in that Ice Age movie … you know the one. He is always scrambling to get the nut. That’s what all those people on the site are doing. The girls especially who will do and say anything to get that designer handbag or that nice bottle of champagne. How about those that pay their way through college/university by doing this? Well, it’s a lucrative business, if you can stomach it. 988 eligible millionaire bachelors? Well I didn’t date them all but from the sampling that I had, I’d rather go elsewhere. Unless anyone wants to prove me wrong 😉 I know that there are a lot of great eligible bachelors out there and not all of them leave much to be desired. You just have to do a lot of weeding!
Now, I will bet that lots and lots of Ottawa women signed up for that millionaires dating site after reading that article hoping to snatch their own sugar daddy … while I wish everyone the best in love, I don’t think their gold digging will pay off. I mean they’re gonna need a pretty effective shovel to get through all the BS to get to the good gold because the ones on the surface turn to lead pretty fast 😉 my advice to the millionaires, you’re way better off finding a nice girl who doesn’t want you for your money. A gorgeous gold digger will make you miserable in the end.
By the way, I’m a size 36.5 in Louboutin shoes and would love a pair! You know, if you could spare $1000, I mean it’s just pocket change isn’t it?? Until then … this video is what the sugar daddy dating sites is all about … enjoy!
Have you ever trolled the sugar daddy sites? How did you find it? I would love to hear about it in the comments!
Your Sister in Dating Bliss,
Single Dating Diva
Copyright Single Dating Diva