Weeknight dates are a great way to unwind after a long day at work. Lots of places have great “happy hour” specials where you can get food and drinks at a reasonable price, even at the poshier places. Not only is it a great place to mingle, it’s a great place to get to know someone in a casual, no pressure, environment. Because most people go out on the weekends, you’ll find great deals during the week at museums and theatres. However, the reality of a weekday date is that you sometimes don’t have time to go home and change before.
Whether you are meeting up with someone new or your long time sweetie for a date after work you still want to look your best, as you should. Your work day outfit isn’t always appropriate for your date night and since you really don’t want to carry around two outfits with you, there are a few small things you can do to upgrade your work day outfit into a date night outfit. What a relief! Dates are sometimes stressful enough without having to figure out what to wear! The lovely ladies from Vincent Women’s Boutique are here to save the day with their pro tips! I just loved this outfit, I am all about the black pants but that gorgeous top though! Another winning outfit by Vincent!
Style Friday: Work to Date Outfit
- You can use a blazer to make any date night top appropriate for work.
- Be sure to have a key black short blazer that hits you at your hips. It gives shape to a long flowy top something you can easily eat in.
- We used a high collar halter tank with an open back. It is easily sexy at night but totally can pull it off at the office with a blazer.
- Have a go to standard pair of black pants or good quality leggings that go with anything, you can dress them up or down.
- Use any of the makeup application tips we have provided but just change your lip to a darker shade.
- Change your shoes to something a little nicer for nighttime.
Leggings: I Love Tyler Madison, Printed Halter Top: Mara Hoffman, Clutch: Clare V
READERS: What do you do when you have a date right after work? Do you change or go as you are? Share your tips in the comments below!
You can learn more about the brilliant ladies of Vincent & shop for the items in the picture by visitingwww.shopvincent.ca. Following them on Instagram, Twitter & Facebook for all the latest fashion trends as well as style tips to help you look your most fabulous regardless of what you’re up to!!
If you’re in Ottawa, you’ll want to attend our Personal Image Master Class: Enhancing What You’ve Got, Thursday, February 25, 2016 from 6:00PM to 7:30PM at Vincent: Women’s Clothing Boutique on Preston, it’s FREE (but we’re accepting donations for Dress for Success Ottawa). More Details & Registration here:http://bit.ly/1PIOcJh but spaces are limited to 10 people ONLY, so if you want to attend you need to register ASAP.
Your Sister in Dating Bliss,
Single Dating Diva (with the help of the lovely ladies at Vincent)
Copyright Single Dating Diva