When it’s cold and snowy outside I like to stay in and enjoy my wood fireplace and make cozy food to keep me warm. One of my favorites is this Apple Spiced Rum Crisp. I always have the ingredients on hand and it’s so simple to make. Of course I make it Gluten Free but in the recipe I’ve given you both options.
Not only are Apples healthy and good for you, did you know that they are an Aphrodisiac? Yup! Apples are an Aphrodisiac. So you can make this for you and someone special. You know, to get the juices flowing. The Spiced Rum gives it a little bit extra kick and makes the Apples more juicy. It’s not so much that people can tell, but enough that people will ask you what’s in this? Suzie’s Apple Spiced Rum Crisp is so unbelievably good that you will definitely get praises for this recipe!
Suzie’s Apple Spiced Rum Crisp Recipe
What You’ll Need
- 4-6 large Baking Apples, cored and sliced thinly (I prefer leaving the skin on but you can peel if you like)
- 5 Tablespoons Spiced Rum
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 1 cup Rolled Oats (use Gluten Free oats if you are intolerant to Wheat)
- 1 cup Rice (Gluten Free) or All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon or if you can find Pumpkin Pie Spice that’s even better
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Flax (optional)
What To Do
- Prepare the Apples and place in rows in a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Sprinkle Apples with Spiced Rum.
- Mix together melted Butter, Rolled Oats, Flour, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon and Flax.
- Spread mixture evenly over Apples.
- Bake in oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit / 175 degrees Celsius / Gas Mark 4 for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and eat warm.
Your Sister in Dating Bliss,
Single Dating Diva
Copyright Single Dating Diva