An ending to a relationship is an opportunity to begin again with a better you. You can improve your health and overall well being inside and out by living a healthy lifestyle that includes eating well and exercise.
Becoming the Best Version of Yourself after a Breakup
Here are 10 things you can do to help with your physical, emotional and mental health to help you become the best version of yourself!
1. Start a Fitness Plan: Cardio, strength training, group classes, whatever makes you feel happy will help you gain your confidence back. Exercise releases endorphins = endorphins make you happy and improve your mood, so why not?
2. Eat Real Food: Try to cut down on all fast food, pre-packaged meals and restaurant eating. When you cook your own meals it allows you completely control of what ingredients make their way into your body.
3. Do Not Skip Meals: It is suggested that you eat smaller meals and eat more frequently throughout the day. If you don’t have time for eating, then make sure to at least eat your basic three meals per day. Pre-planning your meals can help as well. Doing a meal prep on the weekend for the whole week will ensure you always have healthy meals and snacks on hand.
4. Stretch: Improve your flexibility by stretching after your workouts or before bed. By stretching, you are thanking the muscles for their exertion during any physical activity. A stretch should be at least 10 seconds long, and should be uncomfortable but not painful.
5. Drink More Water: Stay hydrated! Sometimes when you think you are hungry, it is actually because you are thirsty. Gauge your need for water by how you feel and ensure to maintain hydration.
6. Get Some Sleep: You need to make sure you prioritize sleep. There is no magic number for hours of sleep the body needs in order to rejuvenate for the next day and feel rested, however a good guideline to follow is anywhere between 6 to 8 hours per night.
7. Move, Move, Move: Make sure you do something physical every chance you get. The couch and TV are not your friends. They will not make you a better person and they certainly will not make you fit. Go outside, walk your dog, connect with nature, meet your neighbours, it will make you appreciate life.
8. Preventative Care: Ask your doctor if you should supplement your nutrition with vitamins. Although you will try to keep your macronutrients under check (protein, carbohydrates and fat), you also need to consider your micronutrients (vitamins, minerals & water).
9. Focus on the Good and Positive and Avoid Negativity: Be happy and feel great that you have decided to make a change in your life. Appreciate the goodness in your new fitness challenges. Take-in with pride your progress and the changes that occur within yourself and with your outer shell. Do not compare yourself to others because everyone’s body is different. You are who you are, and they are who they are. Remember that all the effort you are making now will pay off in the end.
10. Love Yourself: Take a sticky note and write “I accept myself unconditionally right now” on it. Stick it on your bathroom mirror and say this out loud every morning when you wake up. This affirmation said out loud may initially bring about negative thoughts you may have about yourself but by day 28 or so, you will notice that these negative thoughts will fade away. Your confidence will get better and your true purpose for your training and life in general will become clear.
READERS: What steps did you take to be the best version of yourself during a breakup? Tell us your story in the comments below!
Just Enjoy Life!
Roxy is joining us from RoxFit. I got the pleasure to work out with her and she is an AWESOME trainer! She is not only effective, she’s caring, positive and inspires you to be the best version of yourself! I highly highly recommend her if you’re in the Ottawa area. What’s HER story? Well, as an Office Manager for most of her professional career, she lived quite a sedentary lifestyle. In 2008/2009, she went through a complete lifestyle change that included losing 50 lbs through diet and exercise. Since then, her outlook on life has completely changed. She began helping those around her achieve their personal fitness goals and acted as a leader for them to follow in the footsteps she proudly laid-out for them. She found her true purpose in life and decided to obtain her certification as a Personal Trainer and make a career out of helping others achieve their fitness goals. Sometimes, a little direction and motivation is all one needs in order to get started. She feels that everyone is deserving of finding their happy place in their mind and their soul. Have a question? Just ask firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.roxfit.ca. Make sure to like her page on Facebook to get some great tips!
Your Sister in Dating Bliss,
Single Dating Diva
Copyright Single Dating Diva