Could you find love on your smart phone? YES say all the online dating fans out there. Dating apps are the next best thing when dating on the go. It provides a no hassle way to find love with just a click of a button. Well, we ARE dating in the age of instant gratification and we want convenience and we want what we want and we want it now. Dating apps to the rescue!! Dating apps are a way to meet someone, but remember what I always recommend, take it OFFLINE as soon as possible. There is a tendency for people to get too comfy chatting on their phone that they become pen pals and not potential partners. Like with everything else, you get what you put in so make an effort and even if you don’t see the fruits of your labor right away, you will find what you’re looking for with patience and positivity.
I was recently invited to discuss this very thing on CTV Ottawa Morning Live recently. So, I thought I’d give you a simple breakdown of the more popular ones right here. It isn’t an exhaustive list, but will definitely give you a taste of what’s out there. Please note that I am not endorsing any of these apps or methods, this is just for informational purposes.
Dating Apps – Helping You Find Love
Online Dating Sites with Apps
Some of the most used dating apps are ones that are just an extension of the actual online dating site. They allow you to access your account, modify your account, search for members and chat with potential dates right from your phone. These apps definitely make your journey more convenient and accessible.
The most notable sites with apps are:
- Plenty of Fish
- OK Cupid
Other Popular Dating Apps
A lot of these app essentially rely on geo-locating to get you matches based on age / location and the rest is up to you to choose or not to choose someone based on your preference. Even though they each have unique nuances, they all basically work the same way. Most of them you can just sign up using your Facebook account. Make sure to fill out your profile and do try to read people’s profile in addition to admiring their picture. Remember that people who seem too good to be true usually are or else you might end up chatting with a bot ;).
Here are the very basic details about some of the more notable dating apps out there:
- Tinder: Swipe right for someone you like, left for someone who’s just not your type. Mutual matches are given the opportunity to chat. You can “superlike” someone once a day and it will be highlighted in their list of potential matches.
- Badoo: Gives you the opportunity to share more about yourself and contact potential matches regardless of mutual matching.
- The Grade: You’re able to rate potential matches on looks and other factors, the hope is that it will help weed out the creeps for you before you actually make contact.
- Bumble: Essentially the same as Tinder but the difference is that women must make the first contact with mutual matches and have only 24 hours to do so or else they lose the match.
- How About We: You put out there potential date ideas and potential matches can take you up on the offer, you can also do the same.
- Coffee Meets Bagel: You get one match a day sent to you depending on your specifications and you can either take them up on the offer or not. Eliminates the seemingly endless choices and “game” feel of most apps.
- Happn: It lets you know if another one of their subscribers / potential matches is in your vicinity or crossing your path which gives you an opportunity to potentially approach them.
Whatever method you choose to find love online, just make sure to take it offline as soon as possible. Also, being your true authentic self while online dating will truly help you find the best possible love for you. Wishing everyone much success on their journey to find love!!
READERS: Have you every had any success with online dating apps? Do you think that they are making dating harder or easier? Share your thoughts in the comments below! Please note that I moderate all comments and any that are deemed as “advertising” will not be approved.
Your Sister in Dating Bliss,
Single Dating Diva
Copyright Single Dating Diva