So what happens when you meet more than one person you like and you just aren’t ready to commit to one of them? You play the field, that’s what happens. Is there anything wrong with that? Nope! You have every right to date more than one person at a time if you aren’t in a committed relationship with any of them. When you find someone worth settling down with then you will, until then enjoy! It’s a great way to get to know what kind of person you want to be with. Why invest all your time into one person if you aren’t sure about them? I say you need to “test drive” the car before buying it … and if you need to test drive more than one at time before deciding then by all means do it!
If you do want to date multiples, you just have to keep a few things in mind:
- Initially, you want to be honest and fair. Don’t let any one person think you are exclusive when you’re not. That will only create more problems than it’s worth. Just put yourself in their shoes, wouldn’t you want to know?
- Be sure to also set no expectations and have no expectations. Promise nothing if you aren’t going to follow through.
- Live for the moment, not the future. When you’re dating more than one, you need to enjoy the date you are on and not think of the others. If you are thinking of the other, perhaps you shouldn’t go out with this one anymore.
- Be realistic. If you’re “playing the field”, they probably are too.
- Be safe if you’re in a physical relationship with multiple people at once. Don’t take any unnecessary risks.
- Try not to go to the same places with all the people you date, you might just run into them while you’re out.
- And most importantly – schedule wisely! Make sure not to double book or schedule two dates on the same day. It will take its toll on you.
Eventually, you will drop some of the people one by one and favor certain people over others, but you can be sure you made the right choice because you tried others. You will never wonder. Perhaps you might drop them all but at least you gave it a go. Good news is that you can start all over! Isn’t dating fun?
Your Sister in Dating Bliss,
Single Dating Diva
Copyright Single Dating Diva
Originally Published on Singles Warehouse