Tact: Acute sensitivity to what is proper and appropriate in dealing with others, including the ability to speak or act without offending.
Judgment: The formation of an opinion after consideration or deliberation.
What does this have to do with dating? EVERYTHING! Just like tact and judgment are essential in your day to day life, they are essential in your dating life. Why? Because it helps you do and say the right things at the right time, it helps you react appropriately to all situations (good and bad) and it helps you make the right decisions.
“Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.” (Benjamin Franklin)
Top 10 Ways to Use Tact and Judgment When Dating
Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Think before you speak – don’t be reactive, listen and think … give yourself space between what you hear and say
- Give and take – don’t be stubborn, you can’t always get your way, know when to back down … no one likes a pit bull
- Be considerate – put yourself in the other person’s shoes, treat others how you would want to be treated
- Use discretion – don’t overshare, not every person needs to know your business and theirs, you don’t need to share everything
- Have an attitude of gratitude – always, always say thank you for a date and nice gesture regardless if it was good or bad
- Be positively positive – always think positive, everything always happens for the best although you don’t always see it right away
- Don’t talk about others negatively – people don’t want to be around someone who talks badly about others and gossips, remember those who talk badly about other to you will talk badly about you to others
- Have common sense – pay attention to the obvious, don’t turn a blind eye to anything
- Know your limits – know what you know and who you are, don’t pretend to be someone you’re not to impress anyone
- Trust your instincts – always go with what your gut tells you, it will never steer you wrong!
Using tact and judgment when dating is about dating smart! Only you know what, and who, is right for you. Don’t sell yourself short.
Your Sister in Dating Bliss,
Single Dating Diva
Copyright Single Dating Diva