Whether you’re going on a date or out with your friends, you always want to look your best. When you put your best foot forward you will, more often than not, make a positive first impression. Within seconds of meeting you, people have already determined how trustworthy you are, your intelligence, your level of success, if they are attracted to you or not and if they want to get to know you more. This is why it’s so important to always look your best.
For women who wear cosmetics, an easy, effective makeup routine helps. It doesn’t have to be time-consuming or over the top. We’re very lucky to have the fabulous ladies at Vincent Woman’s Boutique helping you always look your best with their tips for makeup, accessories and clothing. Stay tuned while we take your date nights to another level!!
Style Friday: Makeup Application Tips
- Keep it as clean and simple as possible using softer neutral tones
- Use a soft eye liner if that is not an issue for you to define your eyes a little bit more
- Keep the lipstick as close as possible to your lip color.
- During the day use one shade of eye shadow and use more mascara coats to have your eyes stand out
- Enhancing what is existing for the day
- Making your liner stronger, choosing a darker colour ie: black
- Use another deeper colour in the crease
- The key to anything is more mascara
- It refreshes your look
- Keep cheeks soft and natural
- Use powder for your eyeliner and just wet your brush. It is more accurate and creates a softer look.
- In moderation use shimmer on your cheeks bones to highlight that area.
- To enhance lips and make lipstick last longer put lip liner after you put on your lipstick.
READERS: Do you have a beauty regimen that you swear by? Does that change depending on where you go and what you’re doing? Share your tips in the comments below!!
You can learn more about the brilliant ladies of Vincent by visiting www.shopvincent.ca. Following them on Instagram, Twitter & Facebook for all the latest fashion trends as well as style tips to help you look your most fabulous regardless of what you’re up to!!
If you’re in Ottawa, you’ll want to attend our Personal Image Master Class: Enhancing What You’ve Got, Thursday, February 25, 2016 from 6:00PM to 7:30PM at Vincent: Women’s Clothing Boutique on Preston, it’s FREE (but we’re accepting donations for Dress for Success Ottawa). More Details & Registration here: http://bit.ly/1PIOcJh but spaces are limited to 10 people ONLY, so if you want to attend you need to register ASAP.
Your Sister in Dating Bliss,
Single Dating Diva (with the help of the lovely ladies at Vincent)
Copyright Single Dating Diva
I’d also stress not a lot of makeup. I tend to put too much on it melts and I look funny.
As a man I like the “less is more” approach. I like when a woman wears as little makeup as possible because “that” is not “your” face and I want to see the real you not your made up representative. And dispite what popular media says guys are not fooled by any of it.
Comments are closed.