There’s no substitute for experiencing the bite of winter, or feeling the crisp autumn air on your face … it just makes you want to curl up under your coziest warm blanket and binge on your new favorite series … What if you didn’t have to curl up alone? You do need the body heat after all! There’s no substitute for a snuggle with someone special on a cold day. Hence, cuffing season.
Cuffing season is usually during the colder months (typically November to March) when people really want to have someone in their life because of cold weather and impending holidays. No one wants to be single during cuffing season! That’s why singles need to make the most of cuffing season … here’s how!
How To Make The Most of Cuffing Season
Here are my top 5 tips to get you started on your best cuffing season yet!
- Make sure you’re marketable. Image is everything when dating, sorry to say, but how you look and how you present yourself means a lot. First impressions are extremely important whether you’re dating online or offline. This also includes having stellar communications skills – always have interesting and current conversation topics ready.
- Know your limit and stay within it. You have to know what you’re looking for and be honest not only with yourself but also with the person you’re dating. If you’re looking for something more casual then be upfront about it. If you know that you can’t emotionally handle casual/non-commital relationships and sex then don’t do it (as tempting as it may be), get a puppy to cuddle with instead until you find what you’re looking for. If you are looking for something more casual, don’t give false impressions just to get what you want.
- Get out of your comfort zone. We all have our “types” and places we feel most at ease, but you’ve been doing that for how long? AND you’re still single? Perhaps it’s time to try something new. Challenging yourself outside of your comfort zone will allow you to have new experiences and meet new people which in turn could lead you on the path to your happily ever after. Your comfort zone isn’t working, so why not try something new?
- Update your online dating profiles. Whatever your online dating app preference is, make sure you have fresh pictures from the summer/fall and an updated write-up. Not only does updating your profile feature your profile as “new”, you will also send a message that you’re single and ready to mingle!
- Research local events. Fall and Winter bring lots of activities, fundraising galas, parties, shows as well as other opportunities to meet other like-minded people. A quick glance at Facebook events will tell you all you need to know about what’s going on in your town. When you’re at these parties make sure to talk to people you don’t know and seal the deal with someone you’re interested in by getting their contact information and planning to meet again.
Finding a cuddle buddy doesn’t have to be challenging, dating is what you make it, so make it a positive experience. This is a GREAT time to date because people WANT to meet someone. Take advantage of the opportunities in front of you and make some opportunities for yourself. Play safe and have fun … and don’t take yourself too seriously! That’s how to survive cuffing season!
READERS: How do you survive cuffing season? Does the need for human touch make you do things you normally wouldn’t? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
Your Sister in Dating Bliss,
Single Dating Diva
Copyright Single Dating Diva
Reproduction of this page whether whole or in part is completely prohibited. Please use the contact form if you would like to discuss using any content on this site.