I was always guilty of dwelling on the past or worrying about the future instead of focusing on the right now. Living life forward means learning from the past but not letting it define us, appreciating each moment of the present and looking forward to a great future. Seize the day!!!
How to live life forward:
- Learn from the past, appreciate today, look forward to the future.
- Live life forward while understanding it backwards = learn from your past .
- Don’t define yourself by any negative events of your past but use them as educational stepping stones.
- Set small attainable goals, increasing them as you progress onward on your life’s journey.
- Appreciate each step of your journey – good or bad, even ugly.
You need to accept your life for what it is … not for what it could have been nor for what it could be. I know it’s hard to think about, but you are exactly where you need to be for whatever reason that may not be clear to you until later. If you think back on your life experiences, even the challenging ones, didn’t they pave the way for where you are now? Those lessons learned, along with appreciating today will help pave a better future for you.
This can how living life forward can be accomplished:
- Stop overthinking everything or living in your past. You don’t live there anymore.
- Focus on TODAY. The present is where you are NOW.
- Live in the present, appreciate it for what it is.
- Accept where you are now and learn from it – good or bad.
- Be comfortable with the unknown – we can’t see into the future, we can’t get all the answers.
This doesn’t happen overnight. Let yourself feel all the feelings, take all the steps you need but TAKE THAT FIRST STEP. If you don’t you’ll be stuck where you are and you’re not happy there. I know how you feel, I was there and still venture there too sometimes but better things are ahead of you. Believe it. Trust it.
One. Step. At. A. Time.