- We all have our comfort zones, and, well, yes, they are comfortable, familiar and cozy because we know what to expect and how to handle it BUT perhaps you need to start thinking of your comfort zone like a cage.
- Increasing your self-worth and confidence happens when you step outside the zone.
- Choosing to remain in your comfort zone stunts your growth and progress.
- You can better yourself and enhance your chances of success when you step out of your comfort zone.
- You cannot make any progress in your life if you do not try something different.
- In fact, staying in your comfort zone will almost certainly ensure that you miss out on a lot in life because you are holding back.
- You have so much to offer the world and so much to learn and experience. This is why it’s so important to step out and live!
- Here are some quick tips (from a source I recommend) to help you get started:
1. Do your regular every day things/routines differently (make small changes)
2. Expand your professional skills to gain confidence (learn a new skill – language, public speaking, take a course, etc)
3. Try new foods (eat differently, healthier, more variety, etc)
4. Get active (set goals for yourself, try something new, etc)
5. Get creative (arts or anything else, helps foster a growth and creativity mindset, it doesn’t have to be perfect it just has to be you)
6. Challenge your beliefs (look at other perspectives, ideas, ways of doing and thinking)
7. Be honest with others and yourself (fosters feelings of openness and builds strength of character)
- It may be scary at first but if you take small steps and make small goals, then it will make it much much easier.
- TRY THIS: change one thing in your daily routine such as taking a different route to work or the store, the type of coffee you drink, etc.
POST IT NOTE: I will step out of my comfort zone.
Click here for recorded segment exclusively on BlastTheRadio.com: COMFORT [6:34 mins]
What one thing can you change in your routine? Please share in the comments!