I often get questions from my followers and friends about their own single and dating lives. Although I have never said that I have all the answers, but, I have seen a lot and do have many lessons learned. With experience comes wisdom, so that is the advice I give. I wanted to share some of these questions and answers with you. Of course names are never shared, only questions and answers.
Dear Single Dating Diva,
I’ve tried everything to meet women. I have tried online dating, speed dating, going to events, going to bars and just randomly approaching women on the street. Despite all my efforts I’m still single. I can’t seem to meet the right woman. What do I do? I don’t want to be single anymore!
Hate Not Having a Mate
Meeting a Mate
Dear Hate Not Having a Mate,
Thank you for your question. I definitely feel your pain. It’s not easy being single. I do commend you, however, for putting yourself out there and trying. You will get nowhere unless you actually try. You need to see each person you meet as a stepping stone towards the right one. What’s important is that you remain positive. In the meantime, here are some tips to help you out:
- When meeting someone new keep it casual and don’t set high expectations, this will allow you to be less nervous and you will project a calm demeanor rather than appearing desperate.
- When you approach a woman in public be very polite, smile and never be pushy. Mention why she caught your eye and make sure you respect her personal space. Don’t be creepy about it and remember that no means no.
- Sit down and create a game plan. Think about what qualities you truly value in a potential mate, what are your deal breakers and what things are “nice to have” but not essential. This will help you narrow down your choices.
- Join clubs, meetups or take classes in something you are interested in. This will allow you to meet others with similar interests, especially women. You are also more comfortable when you are “in your element”.
- Have a friend or a professional review your online dating profile and picture to make sure it is portraying who you really are and want people to see. Your picture and profile is what makes women choose to speak with you or not and helps weed out those you don’t want.
- You might want to check out my post on making good first impressions for some more tips to help you put your best foot forward … you can find it here: First Impressions: 5 Easy Ways To Make Their Heart Skip Skip A Beat
Hope these tips help, please let me know if you have any other questions 🙂 Remember, don’t give up, keep trying and be true to you!
Dear Readers: What other tips would YOU offer? Leave them in the comments and I’ll be sure to share them!!
Your Sister in Dating Bliss,
Single Dating Diva
Copyright Single Dating Diva