Welcome to the first installment of Food & Wine Fridays on Single Dating Diva! I’m going to share with you some of my own favorite and very popular recipes! Some will be geared towards singles while others will be perfect for a romantic evening at home. All my recipes are on the healthy side and are gluten free, because, well, that’s how I roll!
Today’s recipe is one of my “go to” recipes. It’s not only very yummy but it’s super easy! This version is designed for a single serving but is easily multiplied for as many servings as you like. My Baked Salmon with Mango Pineapple Salsa Recipe will definitely knock your socks off! I’ve paired it with a nice Chardonnay Viognier blended white wine. You can very easily use either a Chardonnay or Viognier of your choice. I have taken some pictures for you but let’s admit it, I’m no photographer but you get the idea 😉 ENJOY!!
Baked Salmon with Mango Pineapple Salsa Recipe
What You’ll Need
Mango Pineapple Salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped Orange (or yellow or red) Bell Pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe Pineapple
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe Mango
- 1/8 cup diced Sweet Onion
- 1 tsp diced hot pepper of your choice (optional)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 pound Atlantic Salmon (if you can’t find Atlantic then use what you have)
- 1 small Sweet Potato with skin sliced in 1/2 inch pieces
- Cooking Spray
What You Need To Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit / 218 degrees Celsius / 7 in Gas Mark
- Mix all Mango Pineapple Salsa ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Take a long piece of foil and place on a cookie sheet or large pan.
- Spray the piece of foil with Cooking Spray.
- Place Sweet Potato slices on the foil in two even rows.
- Place Salmon, skin side down, on the Sweet Potatoes. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- Place prepared Mango Pineapple Salsa (including liquid) on the Salmon making sure to cover all of it.
- Make a foil pack: Ensure all ingredients are in the center, then pull over one side, folding the edges to seal, then fold the other two edges to make a sealed pocket. Make sure it’s sealed well but leave some room for the steaming to occur.
- Place in oven and cook for 30 minutes. Take out of oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Salmon should be flaky.
- Open foil pack and enjoy!!
If you try the recipe I would love to know how it turned out for you!
Your Sister in Dating Bliss,
Single Dating Diva
Copyright Single Dating Diva