There’s something to be said for a nice bowl of chili. The smell of the spices in the house is heavenly. These days I’m all about the comfort food, it’s been so cold and gloomy lately that I need some warm and cozy. Winter is all about finding something warm and cozy and a big bowl of chili always hits the spot.
My chili recipe is very simple and can be adapted to suit your taste. I make it with beef but you can make it with any grind that you like, add more veggies and beans and forget the meat altogether. You can also use whatever spices that you like. It’s all good. Wine with that? Yes please! I paired it with a nice Malbec. This recipe feeds about 4 people.
Food & Wine: Suzie’s Slow Cooker Chili Recipe
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup diced Onion
- 1/2 cup diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup diced Carrot
- 1/2 cup diced Celery
- 1/2 cup diced Sweet Potato
- 3 cloves minced Garlic
- 19 oz can Bean Medley rinsed
- 28 oz can Red Kidney Beans rinsed
- 19 oz can cut Spicy Stewed Tomatoes (or plain)
- 1/4 kg Ground Beef (or Chicken or Turkey or Pork)
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Cumin Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Shredded Cheese for garnish
What To Do:
- Place Onion, Red Bell Pepper, Carrot, Celery, Sweet Potato, Garlic, Bean Medley, Red Kidney Beans and the Spicy Stewed Tomatoes in the slow cooker.
- In a pan place Ground Beef, Chili Powder, Cumin Powder, Salt and Pepper. Cook the beef until slightly browned. Place in the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 – 10 hours.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
Your Sister in Dating Bliss,
Single Dating Diva
Copyright Single Dating Diva
That looks sooooo good!
For the record I tried this over the weekend…yours looked much better!
Haha … as long as it TASTED good!
Why are you still single again? 😛
Because I choose to be 😉 lol
Comments are closed.