It’s COLD out there!! In my endless effort to keep warm, I’ve been concocting different soups. One of my favorites is Butternut Squash. I’ve always loved Butternut Squash soup. It’s cozy and tasty. This recipe is so simple, the thing that takes the longest is the prepping and you can even cut that down by buying pre-cut vegetables. It’s healthy and low in fat.
Although having someone to cuddle up with to keep warm is always the preferred choice, soup comes a close second. You DO need energy for navigating the ever so challenging dating world. Maybe invite someone over to share your soup … maybe they’ll even offer you a cozy cuddle too! See? See? Always find opportunities to connect using what you’ve got.
I always like Viognier or Chardonnay wine with Butternut Squash anything, so it certainly works here. Now what are you waiting for? MAKE THE SOUP!!
Food and Wine: Suzie’s Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup
What You’ll Need
- 1 Butternut Squash, peeled & cubed
- 2 Carrots, peeled & cubed
- 1 Small Onion, chopped
- 1 Leek (white parts), chopped
- 2 cups Chicken (or Vegetable) Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Ground or Fresh Grated Ginger
- Salt & Pepper
What To Do
- Place vegetables and broth into a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in Brown Sugar, Nutmeg, Ginger, Salt & Pepper.
- Remove from heat and use a hand blender to blend soup.
Your Sister in Dating Bliss,
Single Dating Diva
Copyright Single Dating Diva