Real life isn’t easygoing or relaxing, you just have to take time out for yourself, you can’t wait for the opportune moment. I’ve learned that the hard way recently. Although I’m a fabulous multitasker, I wasn’t able to sustain it and it started taking its toll on me. That was my queue to slow down. So I did.
So what do I do when I’m absolutely busy? I simplify. Simplifying also translates to food and cooking. Sometimes you just want something light to eat. Something that’s easy and fast to make. My Rice Paper Roll Recipe is one of my “go to” recipes for eating fast and light. A few simple ingredients and you’re good to go. The best part of this is that they’re also Gluten Free! It pairs nicely with a Chardonnay.
This recipe makes 2 rolls but you can easily multiply the recipe to make more. Cut them in half and serve them as appetizers. You can also get creative and replace the ingredients with other stuff you like. Just keep the noodles and the rice paper. One thing to remember is that they are best eaten fresh or else the rice paper gets hard. Enjoy!
Food and Wine: Suzie’s Rice Paper Roll Recipe
What You’ll Need:
- 2 Rice Paper Wrappers (I like to use the square ones because they’re easier to roll but you can also use the round ones)
- A handful of Rice Vermicelli Noodles cooked
- 6 Cooked Shrimp (peeled and deveined) (you can omit Shrimp to make it Vegetarian)
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Mango
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Avocado
What You Need To Do:
- Moisten Rice Paper Wrappers (one at a time) either in very warm to hot (not boiling) water until they are soft and pliable. You can either do this in a bowl or when I’m in a rush I just run the tap and soften the Rice Paper Wrapper in my hands.
- Place Rice Paper Wrappers on a flat surface and make sure it’s spread out evenly (without rips).
- Take 3 cooked shrimp (if they are big slice them in half through the middle) and place almost at the base of the Rice Paper Wrappers. Then take some of the Shredded Carrots, Sliced Mango and Sliced Avocado and place on top of the shrimp. Then, take some of the Rice Vermicelli Noodles and place on top of the other ingredients. Make sure to not over-stuff or else they will split.
- Fold each side of the Rice Paper Roll inwards, then roll the entire thing starting at the edge with all the ingredients and rolling up.
- Repeat with rest of ingredients. Serve with a dipping sauce of your choice, I usually use a spicy mango sauce.
Your Sister in Dating Bliss,
Single Dating Diva
Copyright Single Dating Diva