Segment 47: Dating by Influence
Main Points: Dating by Influence (Social Media Effect)
- Social Media now plays a significant role in your dating life and can have both positive and negative effects.
- You need to navigate the dating waters with Social Media very carefully because you can’t believe everything you see or hear online. Anyone can write and be anything they want when they’re hiding behind a screen.
- Some people like to use it to reach out to people rather than use dating apps, particularly those who are in distant places. These encounters are scary because many of them lead to catfishing and fraud situations.
- When someone catfishes online they gain someone’s trust and admiration before usually asking for money. These people approach lonely people, telling them what they want to hear, making them feel loved, wanted and special and then once they’ve gained their trust give a sob story and ask for money. So be very wary of these encounters and IGNORE!
- It’s also a best practice to NOT add people on social media that you’re newly dating because their activity online might leave you wondering and many times insecure and paranoid. So unless you know where you stand with them don’t add them or creep them.
- Your digital footprint tells people a lot about you, perhaps things you didn’t want people to know, so be careful about what you post online (it could even cost you a great job opportunity).
- Social media should be used to enhance interactions rather than initiate them. You can never replace face to face interactions with online ones.
- Avoid comparing yourselves to others online because remember people show you what they want to show you usually with a filter so it might not even be real.
- Just be you. Protect your privacy. Ignore the noise online.
POST IT NOTE / MANTRA: I will avoid social media as a dating tool
ADDITIONAL NOTE: Romance scams are on the rise! Police have several tips on how to protect yourself, including:
- Beware of individuals who quickly profess their love for you.
- Beware of people who claim to be wealthy, but need to borrow money.
- Be suspicious if they keep finding reasons to cancel in-person meetings. Meet in a public place if you proceed.
- Never send intimate photos or videos of yourself; they could be used to blackmail you.
- Never send or accept money or cryptocurrencies to or from unknown individuals.
Welcome to my new feature on Blast the Radio called “Be a Single and Dating Rockstar with Suzie” where I share my expertise with listeners to help them navigate the dating world and find their prince or princess among the frogs!
Be a Single & Dating Rockstar with Suzie
Kissing a lot frogs with no prince or princess in sight? Dating Expert Suzie from SingleDatingDiva.com is here to help you find love. She has been through the trenches of the good, bad and ugly of dating and is now married with two children. She wants to help YOU achieve the dating outcomes you desire by navigating single and dating life effectively.
What listeners can expect: Dating CAN be fun and Suzie can show you how! She brings with her many years experience not only dating but also helping singles like you find the love they crave. She will let you in on the lessons she has learned along the way from her extensive dating, education, career and life experience. She teaches others how to navigate the dating world successfully to find happily ever after as she did. The rest is up to you! Her key message is that love is out there, they really are not all frogs, you just have to date smart and with purpose.
Copyright Single Dating Diva
Reproduction of this page whether whole or in part is completely prohibited. Please use the contact form if you would like to discuss using any content on this site.