Segment 48: Love After Divorce
Main Points: Is there hope for love after divorce? (Ask Your Dating Expert Suzie)
- Divorce sucks! It TOTALLY sucks! I can say that from personal experience. You feel like a totally failure in life. You question “forever”. Your trust of others goes down the toilet. Regardless of why you divorce, even if it’s amicable, it’s never easy. It scars you for life BUT it’s not a death sentence.
- It seems that divorce has become even more common after the pandemic forced couples to live and work under the same roof. Whatever was left of some relationships was decimated.
- This has propelled people back into the volatile dating world, one, most likely, much different than that one they left several years back.
- Many people do, however, go on to find their happily ever after. I did and so have many. Nothing is impossible. It calls for some personal work first, though.
1. Take care of YOU – physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually … this means BEING the ideal partner to find the ideal partner. Do the work necessary BEFORE starting to seriously look for love.
2. Stay Social – there are so many activities and events around that there is no excuse not to get out … the best way to get out of your rut is to be around other people and doing things that make you most happy.
3. Keep Intimacy in Check – Your need to feel wanted and loved may cloud your judgment, I made lots of mistakes early on in my separation and divorce because of this, and I thought I was unlucky in love but I was making a lot of bad choices.
4. Don’t Define Yourself by Your Divorce – Divorce happened to you but not who you are and you are more than what happened to you. When speaking with others, don’t put what happened to you front and center. You are not one dimensional. Don’t be a victim, be more than a survivor, be a warrior.
- Divorce isn’t a death sentence so: Be patient. Have hope. Be grateful. Be happy. LIVE LIFE!
POST IT NOTE / MANTRA: I am a warrior, never a victim
Welcome to my new feature on Blast the Radio called “Be a Single and Dating Rockstar with Suzie” where I share my expertise with listeners to help them navigate the dating world and find their prince or princess among the frogs!
Be a Single & Dating Rockstar with Suzie
Kissing a lot frogs with no prince or princess in sight? Dating Expert Suzie from SingleDatingDiva.com is here to help you find love. She has been through the trenches of the good, bad and ugly of dating and is now married with two children. She wants to help YOU achieve the dating outcomes you desire by navigating single and dating life effectively.
What listeners can expect: Dating CAN be fun and Suzie can show you how! She brings with her many years experience not only dating but also helping singles like you find the love they crave. She will let you in on the lessons she has learned along the way from her extensive dating, education, career and life experience. She teaches others how to navigate the dating world successfully to find happily ever after as she did. The rest is up to you! Her key message is that love is out there, they really are not all frogs, you just have to date smart and with purpose.
Copyright Single Dating Diva
Reproduction of this page whether whole or in part is completely prohibited. Please use the contact form if you would like to discuss using any content on this site.