Segment 54: How to NOT Lose Yourself When Dating
Main Points: How to NOT Lose Yourself When Dating? (Ask Your Dating Expert Suzie)
- It’s easy to get so caught up in our single and dating life that we lose ourselves, some even adapt or change to accommodate others.
- The key words to keep in mind are: independence and codependence
- While compromise is sometimes necessary, dating and falling in love, building connections with others doesn’t mean that you have to give up who you are or your independence.
- Having a healthy relationship with yourself FIRST is essential. Someone you’re dating or even in a relationship with doesn’t replace who you are. Don’t give up your identity or define yourself by your relationship status.
- It’s important that you love yourself first. Sounds cliché I know, but if you don’t then your boundaries and expectations and tolerance are weak. This leads to codependence.
- Know who you are and be proud of it. This means knowing what you need, what you want, what your expectations are, your values, your passions, what you have to offer a partner and your red and green flags. When you know this your radar will be more accurate.
- Come from a place of fulfilled confidence rather than an empty place of lack.
- Make sure to always maintain your social connections with healthy friend and family relationships. When that is strong, you not only have a safety net but it will make sure your cup is full so you won’t take whatever you can get. You will seek out and attract more quality.
- Finally, stop accommodating others at the expense of your needs, desires, happiness, mental health and values. Know who you are and believe that you, as you are, will be a great partner to someone.
POST IT NOTE / MANTRA: I love ME!
Welcome to my new feature on Blast the Radio called “Be a Single and Dating Rockstar with Suzie” where I share my expertise with listeners to help them navigate the dating world and find their prince or princess among the frogs!
Be a Single & Dating Rockstar with Suzie
Kissing a lot frogs with no prince or princess in sight? Dating Expert Suzie from SingleDatingDiva.com is here to help you find love. She has been through the trenches of the good, bad and ugly of dating and is now married with two children. She wants to help YOU achieve the dating outcomes you desire by navigating single and dating life effectively.
What listeners can expect: Dating CAN be fun and Suzie can show you how! She brings with her many years experience not only dating but also helping singles like you find the love they crave. She will let you in on the lessons she has learned along the way from her extensive dating, education, career and life experience. She teaches others how to navigate the dating world successfully to find happily ever after as she did. The rest is up to you! Her key message is that love is out there, they really are not all frogs, you just have to date smart and with purpose.
Copyright Single Dating Diva
Reproduction of this page whether whole or in part is completely prohibited. Please use the contact form if you would like to discuss using any content on this site.