Segment 55: Not Owed Anything
Main Points: Not Owed Anything (Managing Expectations)
- The one thing that can stand in between where you are and where you want to be in your dating life are your dating expectations.
- Dating can be one of two things, dating can suck or dating can be a fun way of self-exploration. It’s really up to you.
- It’s easy to get caught up in focusing on the outcome (where’s this going?) and your sense of entitlement that you don’t enjoy the process.
- Each and every single person looking for love has a list of what they are looking for. Some people just want to enjoy someone’s company, some just want sex, some want a companion, while others are looking for a life partner, or marriage. That comes with expectations of what that looks like.
- However, managing your dating expectations means going with the flow and not projecting your goals on others.
- It also means letting go of your pride and ego when meeting someone and replacing it with looking at your mutual compatibility. Does the relationship work for both of you? Are you what they want? Are they what you want? If it’s not mutually beneficial it’s not a healthy relationship.
- Be clear with those you date about your intentions and expectations as well. It’s better to not proceed with someone if you’re not on the same page.
- Also important is putting that list of wants and don’t wants aside when managing your dating expectations. You can’t always get what you want. Focus mainly on common values and ethics, also attraction. Otherwise, it’s just the fancy wrapping paper.
- Something that worked with me was looking at a new prospect like a puzzle piece, I would ask myself if they really truly fit into my life’s puzzle or if I would have to force it. Regardless of how hot they are or how successful or how they make me feel, I need to make sure they are the right person for me – assign VALUE to yourself.
- Remember that everything always falls into place where it’s supposed to so don’t force it because you really want it to work. You can’t MAKE someone fall in love with you, nor can you manipulate the situation to work in your favor.
- Again, trust the process, it’s the process that will allow you to see what you need to see. Managing your expectations and seeing things as they are will also allow you to clearly see red flags earlier on.
POST IT NOTE / MANTRA: I will trust the process
Welcome to my new feature on Blast the Radio called “Be a Single and Dating Rockstar with Suzie” where I share my expertise with listeners to help them navigate the dating world and find their prince or princess among the frogs!
Be a Single & Dating Rockstar with Suzie
Kissing a lot frogs with no prince or princess in sight? Dating Expert Suzie from SingleDatingDiva.com is here to help you find love. She has been through the trenches of the good, bad and ugly of dating and is now married with two children. She wants to help YOU achieve the dating outcomes you desire by navigating single and dating life effectively.
What listeners can expect: Dating CAN be fun and Suzie can show you how! She brings with her many years experience not only dating but also helping singles like you find the love they crave. She will let you in on the lessons she has learned along the way from her extensive dating, education, career and life experience. She teaches others how to navigate the dating world successfully to find happily ever after as she did. The rest is up to you! Her key message is that love is out there, they really are not all frogs, you just have to date smart and with purpose.
Copyright Single Dating Diva
Reproduction of this page whether whole or in part is completely prohibited. Please use the contact form if you would like to discuss using any content on this site.