- We live in a world that is interconnected. Whether we like it or not, we need each other.
- A team player actively contributes to their circle – whether it’s a community, work, social or family group – for the greater good of all.
- Someone who is a good team player understands their personal roles and responsibilities as related to others but also that they’re part of a collective. All do better when each person works for the betterment of all.
- Helping others becomes part of your daily life. Whatever that means for you. It could be listening to someone, helping someone with their groceries, or even motivating others to reach their full potential.
- A team player knows all people can succeed concurrently, even if there are differing opinions or ideas or ways of doing things. It doesn’t mean you need to always “drink the kool aid” and conform, it means to respect others and their ways of being and thinking.
- Being a team player makes you a positive magnet to others. People want to be around others who will listen to them and work together with them. This can greatly benefit you in all aspects of your life.
- It demonstrates confidence in who you are and what you have to offer others.
- You can enhance your collaborative qualities by:
– being open to be helpful to others,
– being an active listener,
– communicating effectively (verbally and nonverbally),
– respecting others,
– sharing your knowledge,
– as well as celebrating others’ successes.
- It doesn’t mean enabling others’ bad behavior or suppressing your own values or beliefs to conform with others. What it does mean is being true to yourself and using what makes you special to help others.
- We don’t live in a bubble, we can’t, not if we want to make a positive impact in our lives and with others. As they say: be the change you wish to see in the world.
- TRY THIS: Look for opportunities to be a good team player / global citizen and use what you have to offer (your passions, your talents, your skills) in your community to enhance it and help others on their own path.
POST IT NOTE: I will find opportunities to help others
Click here to listen to the recorded segment exclusively on BlastTheRadio.com: TEAM PLAYER [4:42 mins]
How do you enhance your connection with others? Please share in the comments!