Summer is a feel good kind of season. The sun is out, the weather is warm and you just want to rejuvenate after hibernating for so long! While many people aren’t really looking to couple up in the summer, it’s a great time to meet new people and increase your social footprint just in time for cuffing season. Are you single and ready to mingle? Then this singles survival guide for summer is for you! Read on to learn more!
Singles Survival Guide for Summer
Here are my top 5 pro tips to help you make the best of summer:
1.Forget your relationship status
- don’t define yourself by your relationship status
- don’t focus on being single because single isn’t a bad word
- just be you and not a status
2. Have a social state of mind
- be ready to mingle outside of your comfort zone
- go out and have fun, meet new people
- display open body language, smile more and have eye contact
- accept invitations from family and friends because you never know who you’ll meet
- attend festivals, events, BBQs, activities, patios, get active in nature, participate in or watch live sports
- make every situation an opportunity to meet someone new even if it’s just for friendship
3. Train your brain
- look at the glass being half full focusing on the positive aspects of your life
- be grateful for each moment and every experience
- remove people, emotions and things that are holding you back in order to make room for someone new
- don’t focus on what you don’t have, rather focus on what you do have
4. Refresh & renew
- take care of YOU, work on YOU and be your best self
- renew your look, take some fantastic new pictures, refresh your dating profile
- let go of anything and anyone that isn’t bringing you anything positive
5. Enjoy & experience life
- be HAPPY where you’re at, enjoy the present and don’t focus on the future
- remember that slow and steady ALWAYS wins the race when meeting someone new
- enjoy the process of meeting new people and forget the outcome … things always end up where they are meant and should be
You are worth the best kind of love, you deserve it! Summer is a great time to lay back and enjoy your single status so don’t stress about it but make the most of it. You never know, you might just find what you’ve always been looking for!
I was recently on CTV speaking about summer loving! Click on the picture to watch!
**You can also hear me on the Goods with Dahlia Kurtz by clicking here: Tips on Summer Lovin’
Readers: How do you make the most of summer when you’re single? Share your thoughts and comments in the space below!
Your Sister in Dating Bliss,
Single Dating Diva
Copyright Single Dating Diva
Reproduction of this page whether whole or in part is completely prohibited. Please use the contact form if you would like to discuss using any content on this site.
One thing I love about summer is going out and mingling. I go to many events and people are happier in the summer. I haven’t met anyone yet this way but one never knows.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks for the reminders.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Comments are closed.