These posts are meant to lead you be your most empowered self and help you overcome those things that are holding you back from reaching your goals. Some of this might resonate with you, or not, and I’m not here to judge anyone or their actions, only to give you something to think about.
More often than not, the misery and misfortune we have experienced in our lives has been due to giving up our power to someone else. When we take rejection personally we are giving the rejecter power, when we believe slander directed towards us we are giving the slanderer power, when we blame our situation on bad luck we are releasing our own responsibility in it. You get the picture.
We stay in these submissive roles because we don’t want to rock the boat, or we aren’t confident enough to step out of it, or even we crave the validation and acceptance we are getting from being in that role. Whatever motivates you to release your power, it is really holding you back from who you CAN be, from reaching your full potential as a person on this earth.
Just say no
Learning how to say NO is one of the most important things you can do for yourself. We often say “yes” for things we may not really want to do because we do not want to rock the boat or maybe we just want someone to like us, we want to be a people pleaser. But that action is giving your power to someone else leaving you vulnerable and unfulfilled. Empowering yourself means not accepting anything that does not serve your growth or anything that has no purpose in your life.
know your tribe
Your tribe is your people, your cheer squad, those who want you to succeed. Knowing your tribe is very empowering because you know someone will catch you. This knowledge creates a protective bubble around you and anything that comes to attack you will just bounce off. Being surrounded with these positive influences rather than toxic people builds you up to be your best self and empowers your growth.
trust your gut
Your gut is one of the most powerful tools that you have. Your growth depends on it. Trusting your gut and yourself helps you make better choices for yourself because, ultimately, you know you better than anyone ever will. Your gut just knows if someone or something is not right for you. Trust it.
self-care and self-love
I often speak of “filling your cup” using self-care and self-love. These rituals as well as those things that make you most happy empower you because your cup will be full. What this means is that there is no room for other people’s garbage, no one will take up space in your head because you know who you are and you will only take on people and things that serve a purpose of strength and power for you.
- For many, saying NO is very difficult because of fear or the desire to be wanted or needed. Part of empowering yourself is to not accept anything that does not serve your growth or has a purpose in your life. Do not be a people pleaser.
- Knowing your tribe helps you create a Teflon bubble that cannot be penetrated. Surrounding yourself with these positive people rather than toxic ones builds you up to be your best self instead of knocking you down.
- Being powerful is also trusting your gut and yourself. You know you better than anyone ever will. Make choices that are best for your and your growth.
- Filling your cup with self-care rituals and things that make you most happy will also bring you to a much more controlled powerful place because there will be no room for other people’s garbage.
- Changing your narrative to one of gratitude and affirmation helps you live a more confident and fulfilled life and leads to less complaining and much less pity parties.
TRY THIS: Write down a power plan for yourself listing all the things you need to get rid of and practices you need to take on that will help empower you.
POST IT NOTE: I will take back my power
Click for recorded segment exclusively on BlastTheRadio.com: POWER [8:45 mins]
READERS: What are your thoughts on this? Please share in the comments!
[…] Take Back Your Power [Be a Rockstar] […]
Comments are closed.