These posts are meant to lead you be your most empowered self and help you overcome those things that are holding you back from reaching your goals. Some of this might resonate with you, or not, and I’m not here to judge anyone or their actions, only to give you something to think about.
A friend is someone who is there for you, regardless of what is going on in your life. They are someone you can always depend on, or they should be. Their actions and words should always reflect this with you. While some people “click”, others do not, and not every friendship will be a good or empowering one. Some people are only there for a certain time in your life and then you just are not compatible anymore.
Qualities such as trust, compatibility, respect, transparency, humor, openness and honesty keep friendships strong. Lack of these will result in a break down. They overlook your weaknesses and help you get to a more empowered place whether it is by encouraging you or simply listening. Good friendships is one of those things that will fill your cup and give you power, bad ones have the opposite effect. When a friendship is draining or too high maintenance, it is time to re-assess its value and move on with love and best wishes. Leveling up your life means leveling up those you surround yourself with.
Where to start:
- Assess your friendships and the value they hold in your life. Ask yourself if they empower you or if they serve to devalue you.
- Ask yourself what kind of friend you are. Do you equitably give as much as you take? Do you empower others? Is everyone a good fit?
Affirmation & Gratitude:
Being grateful for others and showing them gratitude solidifies the bond you have with them. Always show how grateful you are to your friends. Your affirmations can include this as well, especially if you want to do more for your friends or need to find better people in your life.
- Friends are your chosen family. It is the people who should not only lift you up but also be there as support when you need it most.
- “A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden” is something I read once and it is such a powerful statement because a true friend will not care about your weaknesses; they will see the good in you.
- A healthy friendship allows you to be yourself in every way without judgement or rejection for any mistakes you make. They will gently guide you or just be there to listen.
- Experts weigh in that empowering friendships should be: empathetic, selfless, trustworthy, have shared and different interests and opinions, humorous and team players.
- Some friendships expire and good for a season but it is ok and healthy to admit that we are incompatible with some friends after changes in our lives. Just ensure to have a peaceful exit.
TRY THIS: Take stock of all your friendships and their role in your life, do they empower you or take away some of your power?
POST IT NOTE: I will be an empowered friend
Click for recorded segment exclusively on BlastTheRadio.com: FRIENDSHIP [6:48 min]
READERS: What are your thoughts on this? Please share in the comments!