These posts are meant to lead you be your most empowered self and help you overcome those things that are holding you back from reaching your goals. Some of this might resonate with you, or not, and I’m not here to judge anyone or their actions, only to give you something to think about.
There are three types of acceptance – self-acceptance, acceptance of others and acceptance of a situation. According to experts, “self-acceptance means that you see your failings, accept and acknowledge your present position, and then look for ways to improve. Improvement requires that you understand and acknowledge your character and habits, stop comparing yourself and your achievements to others, and acknowledging your skills or the lack of them.” Accepting yourself as you are helps you see your imperfections as well as your strengths. When you recognize and accept where and who you are you will then seek out ways to do better and be better.
When you accept others as they are, you are looking for the positive in them and their world-view instead of the negative. According to some, you have to “look for the positive [because] not accepting others is a result of seeing the negative in them. Instead of focusing on why someone is different … focus on what’s good about that person and his/her choices and actions. My way is not always the best one.” Wow! What a powerful statement! We tend to be stuck in our own bubble and world-view when there are countless others.
Accepting others and yourself as they/you are and not being offended by everything and everyone will give you your power back. Take back your power by focusing on what is really important, being more open to other ideas and understanding you way is not the only way. That is where growth lies. That is empowerment. Accept things as they are not as you are!
Where to start:
- Let go of all biases by understanding and accepting others and yourself as you/they are.
- Learn more about others and see the good rather than the bad in them.
- Always look for opportunities of growth.
Affirmation & Gratitude:
When you accept and appreciate your current reality, you will have peace and understanding. Once you have this clearer vision, the possibilities to create the life you desire are endless.
- Acceptance has three facets – self-acceptance, acceptance of others and acceptance of a situation.
- When you accept yourself as you realistically are. You see your imperfections, recognize and accept where you are at in your life, and then seek out ways to do better and be better.
- Accepting others is about looking for the positive in them instead of the negative. It is about understanding them according to their world-view rather than yours.
- Accepting and appreciating your current reality will bring you peace and help you understand it better. Once you have a clearer vision, you can create the life you desire.
- Personal empowerment is rooted in acceptance in all forms because you stop focusing on the “shoulds” and you focus more on creating the life you want by using your reality for your own good.
TRY THIS: Write down all the things you do not like about yourself and why. Now write down the same things but reflect on how they can serve you positively and how you can use them.
POST IT NOTE: I will accept and embrace my reality
Click for recorded segment exclusively on BlastTheRadio.com: ACCEPTANCE [7:51 mins]
READERS: What are your thoughts on this? Please share in the comments!