These posts are meant to lead you be your most empowered self and help you overcome those things that are holding you back from reaching your goals. Some of this might resonate with you, or not, and I’m not here to judge anyone or their actions, only to give you something to think about.
You have a choice. Your free will allows you to choose how you think, how you approach a situation, how you feel, how you act. While not every situation is under our control or influence, we do have the choice how we will act and react, even if it’s to do nothing at that moment or even to go into survival mode. The free will is there.
Think of different situations that have been less than ideal, challenging even, and think of what WAS within your control. Much of our misery has to do with our approach to life and the choices we make. We choose that person that is less than ideal because we think they will change, we give them the benefit of the doubt or we choose to ignore the blaring red flags. We choose the safe choice even though it doesn’t fulfil us. We choose to give up on our goals because it becomes too difficult. We choose to live in darkness rather than light. Choose to live your best life, even if it gets uncomfortable at times. You have the ability. You have the free will.
Where to start:
- Accept responsibility for ALL your thoughts and actions to empower yourself.
- While you don’t always have the freedom of choosing because of your circumstance, you do have the free will to choose how you will empower yourself despite your situation.
- Try not to be influenced by others or your circumstances, instead make the best choice within the environment that you are in.
Affirmation & Gratitude:
Approach challenging situations with gratitude because they will not only make you stronger, they will empower you. You will have the power to choose differently. You DO have the power to learn from everything apply it going forward. Affirm this each day.
- Free will is the freedom and ability to act the way you choose without any impediments. This does have moral, ethical and societal implications, however.
- We must accept responsibility for our thoughts and actions. This is empowerment. When we take full control of ourselves, we can make the best choices for ourselves without the influence or validation of others.
- While free will can mean the ability to choose, freedom of choice means possibility to choose. Some people, for various reasons, cannot choose what is happening to them but they CAN choose what they do with it.
- When approached with a challenging situation, we can either approach it with gratitude for the learning opportunity or approach it as a victim with full pity party regalia. That is our free will. This is one of the ways we work to define and empower ourselves.
- In the world of psychology, the concept of “free will” is still up for debate, most will say that human behavior is determined by influences within or outside themselves. That would mean that regardless of our free will, we can’t help but be influenced by our circumstances. Nevertheless, it’s up to you what you do with it.
TRY THIS: Use your free will to choose approaching all situations and thoughts from an empowerment angle, while not everything is within our control our thoughts are.
POST IT NOTE: I will use my free will to choose good
Click for recorded segment exclusively on BlastTheRadio.com: FREE WILL [6:58 min]
READERS: What are your thoughts on this? Please share in the comments!