These posts are meant to lead you be your most empowered self and help you overcome those things that are holding you back from reaching your goals. Some of this might resonate with you, or not, and I’m not here to judge anyone or their actions, only to give you something to think about.
Controlling your thoughts will help you control your life. It really is that simple. Everything starts with a thought. Sometimes we entertain those thoughts and let them grow. When these are destructive thoughts, these can be toxic to your health and wellbeing, and your life as a whole. How many times have you let a thought take over, one that is not based in fact, one that leads you to random conclusions that bring you down? How many times has a thought turned into a negative action? You deserve better than that. You ARE better than that. Thoughts aren’t in control, you are.
Where to start:
- When an invasive thought takes over, acknowledge it, then take a deep breath and focus on the moment as well as the facts rather than overthinking.
- Recognize the people and events that trigger your “stinking thinking” and do something about it, whether it’s removing yourself from the situation or choosing how to think about it rather than giving them control.
- Accept that some things are out of your control and do what is in your control and trust that things will turn out in the way they should.
Affirmation & Gratitude:
Each day is an opportunity to start again. When you start each day with an affirmation, it will shift your perspective and put you in the right frame of mind for the day. In the same way, when you end your day with gratitude, it will help you close the loop on the day. Bonus is that you will also sleep better because you dealt with all your invasive thoughts before sleeping.
- Countless thoughts go through our minds on a single day. These thoughts have the power to empower you or drag you down an endless rabbit hole.
- Once you are able to “control” your thoughts then you will be in better shape to control your life and all the experiences that you encounter. You can do this by taking a deep breath and focusing on the moment.
- Recognize what events trigger negative or hurtful thoughts and work on it with a professional or a trusted friend because these thoughts take away your power and hold you back.
- Accept that you cannot control everything, that life happens, that you make mistakes and that every life event can be a learning opportunity for your good. Keep moving forward. Stop overthinking about things out of your control.
- Starting each day with an affirmation will put you in the right frame of mind for the day. Likewise, ending your day with gratitude will help close the loop on the day and will help you sleep better without overthinking.
TRY THIS: If you have many negative thoughts, take up meditative practices to help you focus on more helpful thoughts rather than hurtful ones. Journaling can help as well.
POST IT NOTE: I will match my thinking to my desires
Click for recorded segment exclusively on BlastTheRadio.com: THOUGHTS [6:22 min]
READERS: What are your thoughts on this? Please share in the comments!