These posts are meant to lead you be your most empowered self and help you overcome those things that are holding you back from reaching your goals. Some of this might resonate with you, or not, and I’m not here to judge anyone or their actions, only to give you something to think about.
Freedom means different things to different people. The experience of freedom also differs across the world. Those who live in so-called first world countries tend to have a different view of freedom than those who live in disadvantaged communities. This is why the idea of freedom can be subjective depending on lived experience and influence of others.
Freedom can also come from within. We often chain ourselves down when we hold on to past hurts or negative views of ourselves or our situations. This undoubtedly takes away your power. You cannot function in a positive and empowered way when there is something holding you down. Really think about what exactly freedom means to you and work towards achieving it.
Where to start:
- Reflect on what makes you feel less free – your self-limiting beliefs, your unhealthy attachments or even your comfort zone.
- Forge a plan to take baby steps towards freedom but shedding some of these one step at a time.
Affirmation & Gratitude:
Affirm and appreciate your personal freedom each day, whatever that means to you. While you might feel oppressed in one way or another, look at the liberties you do have and work towards seeing the good in every situation, even the challenging ones.
- Freedom is the power or right to act, speak, or think whatever you want without anything getting in your way.
- People tend to confuse what freedom really means and use it as an excuse for bad behavior because with your freedom also comes responsibility – that’s where power comes in.
- Just because you are free to say or do anything, doesn’t mean you should. We spoke about free will before and it’s about making the right choices or else we would all live in anarchy.
- Freedom empowers you because you should be freeing yourself from any self-limiting beliefs, any unhealthy attachments and anything that is holding you back from reaching your goals.
- Affirming and appreciating your freedom each day will help you reach your goals faster and in a less stressful way.
TRY THIS: Write down every self-limiting belief and unhealthy attachment that is holding you back from reaching your goals. Then forge a plan how to eliminate them one by one.
POST IT NOTE: I will live a life of true freedom
Click for recorded segment exclusively on BlastTheRadio.com: FREEDOM [8:14 mins]
READERS: What are your thoughts on this? Please share in the comments!