These posts are meant to lead you be your most empowered self and help you overcome those things that are holding you back from reaching your goals. Some of this might resonate with you, or not, and I’m not here to judge anyone or their actions, only to give you something to think about.
Kindness should be at the center of all our thoughts and actions. We should be models of kindness. Should. But are we? More often than not we choose not to be kind. Whether it’s because it takes too much effort, or we have other things on our mind, or even because we are judging others, we choose not the path of kindness, we choose the path that’s most convenient and easy for us. Because kindness takes us outside our comfort zone, it becomes less of a priority in our lives.
When we choose kindness towards others we will also choose it towards ourselves. Some examples of acts of kindness include giving compliments, smiling, expressing gratitude, listening, being there for someone, forgiving someone … while you’re at it, do these things for yourself as well. It’s good for your mental, physical and emotional health! This will empower you in the best kind of way, and empower others as well. Kindness equals win-win for everyone, so try your best to be kind today and every day.
Where to start:
- Resolve to do at least one kind act for yourself and for someone else unselfishly each day.
- Make it a point to always think kindly of others, especially those that are struggling.
- Give others the benefit of the doubt, but don’t ignore red flags or gut instincts.
Affirmation & Gratitude:
Be grateful for everything and everyone in your life because gratitude is kindness in action! When you express thankfulness, even for the smallest thing, you lift others up and it feels good for you as well.
- Kindness is being friendly, generous and considerate.
- Things like gratitude, having good intentions, being philanthropic, being courteous, smiling, listening and positive actions as well as generosity are all examples of being kind.
- It also includes being kind to yourself and not giving yourself a hard time when you don’t meet your own expectations.
- Kindness in all its forms has many physical and mental health benefits because it releases feel good chemicals throughout your body which lifts you up.
- Not only does kindness help you, and improves relationships, it is also contagious – inspiring others to do the same and pay it forward.
TRY THIS: Commit to doing one kind act a day for yourself and one for others. Write about the experience in your journal when listing your gratitude at the end of the day.
POST IT NOTE: I will be kind to others and myself
Click for recorded segment exclusively on BlastTheRadio.com: KINDNESS [5:49 min]
READERS: What are your thoughts on this? Please share in the comments!