These posts are meant to lead you be your most empowered self and help you overcome those things that are holding you back from reaching your goals. Some of this might resonate with you, or not, and I’m not here to judge anyone or their actions, only to give you something to think about.
Empowerment is all about taking your power back. Taking ownership of your life is this empowerment in motion. Each and every day we are given opportunities to be better and do better. You have the starring role in your story, so why do you let others take the lead away from you? Why do you blame others when things don’t go well? Why don’t you write your own narrative? We often hear “it was meant to be” or “it wasn’t meant to be”. I say that too, but in the end, really, things are what they are but they also are what we make them.
You can take any situation and make it a part of your own special story. Remember those “choose your own adventure” books? Kind of like that. You get to a fork in the road and need to decide what path you take. When you take ownership for your life the path is totally up to you, as is the attitude to bring to it.
Where to start:
- Instead of letting others write your story, write your own. Set out your goals, aspirations and path.
- Take any negative or challenging situation and rewrite the narrative to serve you rather than letting it take your power.
Affirmation & Gratitude:
Affirm your power each day by owning each experience and your role in it. At the end of the day, write down what you are grateful for, including the challenges.
- Taking ownership of your life is empowering because you understand and respect your own role in your narrative.
- When we lay blame on other people or things for our life experiences, we immediately give away our power. You are relinquishing control which can make you more miserable.
- Instead of reacting impulsively, you can choose to take control of your thoughts, your words and your actions.
- Taking ownership is also about seeing your goals and commitments through and not letting external influences affect you.
- Affirm ownership of everything in your life each day, in the same way be grateful for each and every experience you have and control the narrative.
TRY THIS: Take ownership of your life by being more aware of what experiences you blame others for. Instead of blaming, take control and change the narrative.
POST IT NOTE: I will own my story
Click for recorded segment exclusively on BlastTheRadio.com: OWN [6:52 mins]
READERS: What are your thoughts on this? Please share in the comments!