These posts are meant to lead you be your most empowered self and help you overcome those things that are holding you back from reaching your goals. Some of this might resonate with you, or not, and I’m not here to judge anyone or their actions, only to give you something to think about.
Each and every person has darkness and light within them. This is why we need to embrace both parts, appreciating ourselves as a whole! By understanding and embracing who we really are, why we react the way we do, why we feel the way we do and why we make the choices we do will empower us. When you write your own narrative you take your power back and use it for your own good.
Where to start:
- Write a list of light as well as dark traits that you feel that you have, then reflect on how each has served you or held you back.
- Recognize and appreciate each experience as part of your journey, anything that you don’t like you can change and write a new, more empowered, narrative.
Affirmation & Gratitude:
Be grateful for each experience you have had, even the “dark” or negative ones. Write down each experience that you feel has held you back or hurt you. Take each one and pull what you learned and what you are grateful for in each of them.
- We all have light and dark within us. No one is all dark or all light. Some days light is more prevalent while others darkness is. Light only exists because of darkness. You need both.
- Recognizing and appreciating both sides of ourselves helps us understand who we truly are and use it to empower us.
- What you feed will flourish. In the same way, if you keep feeding the light within you then that will grow. Alternately, if you feed your dark thoughts then they will be the ones that grow.
- Darkness and dark times in our life serve as lessons and show us what parts of ourselves we need to work on. They also help us appreciate the light much more.
- Daily affirmations and gratitude journaling helps with that because it will focus your thoughts and help you see the trends in your life.
TRY THIS: Journal how you feel each day, including end of the day gratitude for the day’s events, in the morning choose affirmations that will help you have a better day than the previous one. Repeat this cycle each day.
POST IT NOTE: I will embrace both light and dark parts of myself
Click for recorded segment exclusively on BlastTheRadio.com: LIGHT [8:49 min]
READERS: What are your thoughts on this? Please share in the comments!