There’s nothing worse than feeling like crap. Even worse when it’s someone else that made you feel that way. Perhaps you’re dealing with a breakup, perhaps you have a broken heart, perhaps you were stood up, perhaps you’re feeling rejected? Perhaps you’re just lonely or having a bad day. Well I’ve got the solution for you!
I would like to share my Comfort Carbonara recipe with you. It’s my “go to” meal when I really need some comfort and it’s oh so good. The best part is that you can eat it anytime day or night (I sometimes make it for breakfast) … AND it has bacon!! Wait wait … it’s also Gluten Free!! You’re going to need some Wine with that, I paired it with an Italian Pinot Grigio. Enjoy and FEEL BETTER!!!
Food and Wine: Suzie’s Comfort Carbonara
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Cup of Corn Penne Pasta (can use any kind of pasta but corn is Gluten Free and adds a richer taste to the meal)
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2-4 slices of Bacon of your choice chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup Grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup Wine (whatever you’re drinking)
- Salt and Pepper
What To Do:
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a medium size frying pan melt butter.
- Place Bacon and Onion in the pan until onion softens (not browned). Add Mushrooms. Cook for a couple more minutes and add cooked Pasta and make sure they’re well mixed.
- Crack Egg in a small bowl with a dash of salt and pepper and whisk. Add Grated Parmesan and Wine and whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- Remove pan from heat and immediately add Egg/Parmesan/Wine mixture in and mix well. The heat of the pan will cook the egg into a creamy sauce (shouldn’t look like scrambled eggs but even if it does you can still eat it).
Your Sister in Dating Bliss,
Single Dating Diva
Copyright Single Dating Diva