Single Dating Diva has been around for 3 years now and boy what a ride it has been! For something that started as me sharing my stories with my friends, it’s ballooned to something I couldn’t imagine in my wildest dreams! I’ve started a dating consulting business, I’m giving workshops, I’m helping people find love, I’m co-hosting a podcast, I’ve met so many interesting people and heard some amazing stories and even won some awards along the way. I’m soooo grateful for everything. But, what have I learned about dating? Well …
What I have Learned About Dating in 3 Years
- Dating is about the process and not the outcome, be patient and don’t latch on to anyone
- Single is not a bad word, be happily single
- Give people a chance because you might be pleasantly surprised
- Most people don’t know what they want
- Casual sex isn’t for most people because they can’t handle the emotional impact of rejection after the fact
- Booty calls rarely turn into relationships
- You always need to be clear about your intentions and expectations
- Always put your best foot forward
- If someone wants to be with you they will be, you won’t have to stress over it, you’ll just know
- You should be whole on your own and not look for someone to complete you
- You should want to be with someone and not need to be with someone
- Online dating shouldn’t be your only method of meeting people
- Always close the loop, never leave someone hanging
- Don’t play hard to get, be hard to forget
- Not everyone is going to like you, get over it
- Listen to your gut, signs are always there so open your eyes for red flags
- Be true to yourself and honor your values
- Go out of your comfort zone and try something new or someone who’s not your type
- Never assume anything … especially that you’re in a relationship unless it’s explicitly stated
- Take care of your baggage before entering into something new, it’s no one’s job to carry it for you
- Date safe and take all precautions necessary to protect yourself
- Dating should be FUN!! If it’s not then you’re doing it wrong or have the wrong attitude
The MAIN thing I learned is to ALWAYS treat others as I want to be treated in life and ESPECIALLY IN DATING! It’s the golden rule right? All people know this, but not everyone practices it.
Thank you so much for all your support! I am overwhelmed by all the positive feedback I’ve received over the years.
I thoroughly enjoy chatting with each and every one of you, so please keep stopping by to say hi!!
I wish you all the happiness and love you truly desire!!
Your Sister in Dating Bliss,
Single Dating Diva
Copyright Single Dating Diva