Did you know that “life isn’t about finding yourself … life is about creating yourself”? I love this quote from George Bernard Shaw because it shows us that we are in the driver’s seat in our life. We can create the life we want if we are willing to do the work necessary. Creating a new life for yourself takes time, patience and a whole lot of growth, usually outside your comfort zone.
We often sit back and passively wait for things to come to us – career, love, romance, friends but all good things take hard work to come to fruition. No one is going to hand anything to you on a silver platter. You have to proactively go out and get what you want. That promotion is not going to just be handed to you, love is not going to knock on your door while you are watching TV on the couch and building bonds with others is not going to happen if you do not seek it out.
How to go for what you want:
- Take stock of where you are &lessons learned along the way.
- Decide where you want to be.
- Create a vision board of your goals.
- Write down the steps needed to achieve them & resources needed.
- Start small. Do not overdo it. Revise as necessary.
- Keep a daily journal with morning affirmations & evening gratitude.
- It is important to unpack your baggage before embarking on your journey. This usually means letting go of the past, your attachments and pain.
- Forgiveness of yourself and others is also key. If you want a new life, you need to detach from who you were to create a new, better life.
- Life is also about learning – learning about yourself, learning about others, being open to new ideas. This is growth. Growth creates opportunities.
- Be empowered to be authentically you. Be proud of who you are. Be proud of your scars and what you have gone through, it made you who you are.
- There are no limits when you open your mind to every possibility (as long as you are not hurting anyone).
POST IT NOTE: I will create the life I want
Click for for recorded segment exclusively on BlastTheRadio.com: CREATING [5:32 mins]
One. Step. At. A. Time.