These posts are meant to lead you be your most empowered self and help you overcome those things that are holding you back from reaching your goals. Some of this might resonate with you, or not, and I’m not here to judge anyone or their actions, only to give you something to think about.
Journaling has been studied extensively as a way to help combat mental health issues. It has proven to be an effective way of managing symptoms of depression and anxiety as well as stress. This is because writing in a journal daily helps you to direct your focus to your accomplishments and makes you more grateful. It also helps with setting and keeping your goals, making it a good daily habit. In addition, it can help increase you physical health and immunity because you are a happier person and more apt to live a more healthy lifestyle.
Science has shown that writing in a journal can positively impact your mental health by:
- Bringing you calm and clarity;
- Releasing stressors and built up feelings;
- Helping you let go of negative thoughts and change your perspective;
- Breaking down your experiences;
- Naming of your struggles and your successes;
- Making you more self-aware and teaching you about your triggers;
- Tracking your progress.
Where to start:
- Purchase a journal or notebook and keep it beside your bed.
- Each morning, write down and state out loud several times your affirmation for the day, something that will empower your day and help motivate you. Each day can be different or the same.
- At the end of the day, write down and reflect on the things from the day that you are grateful for as well as the lessons learned.
- It’s better to physically write it down in a notebook rather than type it in your phone notes because we are more mindful of what we write down rather than the mindless typing we are used to.
Affirmation & Gratitude:
Journaling helps make you more grateful because you are more aware of everything you have to be grateful for. Doing this every evening before bed helps you take stock of the day’s positive events and the lessons learned. Going to sleep with gratitude on your mind will help you sleep more peacefully as well. Affirming each day helps you set your intentions for the day, ultimately influencing the tone of your day.
- Journaling has been studied extensively as a way to help with mental health issues. It has proved to be an effective way of managing symptoms of depression and anxiety as well as stress.
- Journaling can help you deal with a challenging time in your life as writing down experiences and thoughts helps shifts your perspective.
- Start the morning off by writing down and stating out loud several times your affirmation for the day, something that will empower your day and help motivate you.
- At the end of the day, write and reflect on the things from the day that you are grateful for as well as the lessons learned. Going to sleep with gratitude on your mind will help you sleep more peacefully.
- Use the journal as your outlet during stressful as well as happy times.
TRY THIS: Purchase a journal or a notebook; it does not have to be expensive. Put it by your bedside and let it be the first and last thing you do.
POST IT NOTE: I will be more mindful by journaling
Click for recorded segment exclusively on BlastTheRadio.com: JOURNAL [4:46 mins]
READERS: What are your thoughts on this? Please share in the comments!