New Year, New Love … blah blah blah … we make so many resolutions and decide that this year is the year it’s going to happen … this year is the year we’re going to fall in love. Then, year after year, bad date after bad date, failed relationship after failed relationship you come again to another year. It gets harder and harder every year, not to mention lonelier and lonelier as others around you pair up.
So what do you do? Well, I’ve got some tips to help you find love this year … yes, it is possible, but you’re most likely going to have to do something different than other years, yes, you’re going to have to step into uncomfortable territory, but take it from me, it will all be worth it in the end!
Finding Love This Year
Love could very well be right around the corner! My happily ever after came out of nowhere with someone I totally didn’t expect. Love is possible. You’re not doomed to the single life forever but start by asking yourself what you’ve been doing in the past that hasn’t been working for you and what you could do differently. I’m here to help steer you in the right direction …
Top 5 Ways to Find Love This Year
1: Personal Marketing & Branding
- care about your image, it DOES matter
- put your best foot forward
- have a great first impression
- show people what your “value added” is
- date competitively
- FOR MORE INFO READ: Personal Branding When Dating: Why You Should Care
2: No Risk, No Reward
- try something new
- meet new people
- talk to strangers (safely)
- step out of your comfort zone
- FOR MORE INFO READ: Love is on the Other Side of Your Comfort Zone & How To Be More Spontaneous When Single
3: Go with the Flow
- stop worrying about where something will end up
- enjoy the process
- don’t think about the outcome
- remember that slow and steady wins the race
- FOR MORE INFO READ: Does Slow and Steady STILL Win the Race When Dating?
4: Live in the Moment
- be grateful for today and what you have now
- enjoy being single
- have a full and happy single life
- don’t worry or be anxious about tomorrow
- FOR MORE INFO READ: How Daily Gratitude Brings Love Your Way
5: Follow Your Gut
- if something feels right or wrong it probably is
- avoid those who aren’t on the same path as you, even if you’re lonely
- FOR MORE INFO READ: How To Know You’re Dating A Time Waster & Don’t Let Loneliness Cloud Your Judgement in Dating
So there you have it, how to find love this year! No, you’re NOT unlucky in love! Love is within your grasp, now go out there and have fun!
Watch my CTV Ottawa Morning Live segment about Finding Love in 2018 for these tips and more!
READERS: What are your thoughts on this? What are you going to do differently this new year to find love? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
Your Sister in Dating Bliss,
Single Dating Diva
Copyright Single Dating Diva
Reproduction of this page whether whole or in part is completely prohibited. Please use the contact form if you would like to discuss using any content on this site.